We are no longer accepting new vendors for the 2018 event as we are at capacity.
Congregation Beth Torah Men’s Club invites you to be a vendor as we host the Third Annual Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship on Sunday, October 28, 2018.
The national cuisine of Texas meets the dietary laws of the Bible in the first Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship on Sunday, October 28, 2018. Under the supervision of rabbinical experts and the world-renowned Kansas City Barbeque Society, teams from around Texas and beyond will compete in a delectable, family-friendly event that is sure to draw a big crowd.
There are some great vending opportunities at our event and we thank you for your interest in joining us to support what will be an annual festival of food and fun and expose your business to people who love barbecue, tradition and a great time.
About the Championship
The 2018 Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship is going to be on Sunday, October 28. The daylong festival includes music, food, a play zone for kids, barbecue preparation and judging, the chance to taste the entries, award presentations and more. Similar events around the country regularly attract dozens of teams, thousands of visitors and extensive media coverage.
The involvement of the Kansas City Barbeque Society literally puts the Championship on the barbecue map. KCBS has 14,000 members worldwide, sanctions nearly 300 events in 44 states, and publicizes its events to barbecue enthusiasts worldwide. The society ensures a fair competition and impartial judging, which encourages more teams to enter the competition.
There are nearly 60,000 Jews in the Dallas area, and scores of Jewish organizations that promote activities of interest to the community. There are also many non-Jews who are interested in kosher food because it connotes tradition, respect and healthful eating.
Our event will be held at the Sunnyland Furniture Shopping Center at Coit and Spring Valley in Dallas. It will be held rain or shine!
While all of our visitors are enjoying music and food, we hope that they will also patronize our vending area and support the businesses there, such as yours, that will be set up to sell their goods and engage new customers.
- For craft vendors, no mass-produced products or imports allowed– All products must be hand-made by the submitting artist.
- For non-craft vendors, you must have rights to / license to sell product being offered (i.e., if you are not an authorized WEBER dealer, you may not sell WEBER products.)
- Products offered must be appropriate for a festive, family event.
- Vendors may only sell the items or conduct the activities that have been specifically approved from their application information; additional items will be removed. The number of vendors offering the same or similar items will be limited. DKBBQC is not responsible for duplication of items among vendors and reserves the right to request removal of any items deemed to be illegal or in poor taste.
- NO tobacco / vaping products / alcoholic beverages / guns / knives / weapons of any kind may be sold.
- All Vendors must stay in the perimeter of their assigned spaces. There is NO storage space available adjacent to the booths or behind the booths. The only thing that can go outside of the dimensions of your booth is you! Please plan your layout accordingly. Each booth space is 10’ x 10’.
- Vendors are responsible for providing their own booth structures with canopy, racks, tables, display units, fixtures, and chairs as needed. All display materials must be suitable for outdoor use. Booth structures and signage must be structurally sound, clean and professional in appearance. All canopies must be weighted down. Weights must be provided by vendor. No tent stakes may be used – event will be on an asphalt / concrete parking lot.
- Vendors must follow load-in guidelines and maps and park in designated areas as provided by the DKBBQC – Please follow the instructions of the event volunteers / staff at check-in regarding the proper load-in procedure.
- No vehicles of any kind will be permitted in the vending / festival area during the event for any reason.
- Due to the nature of our event being kosher, NO FOOD VENDING will be permitted for consumption at the event. If you are selling food in any manner, it must be certified kosher and/or must be cleared for sale at event by DKBBQC prior to approval of your vending application
- The Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship reserves the right, if circumstances demand, to change the location of allocated space(s) for any vendor
- There will be NO on-site electricity for vendors. Small generators supplied by vendors are allowed but must be noted on your application form that you are bringing such. If bringing a generator, you also must provide a fire extinguisher to be kept within 5 feet of the generator.
- Booths must be set up, staffed, and open for business from 10am to 4pm on the day of the event. No late opening or early closure is allowed. Time will be granted after 4 pm for the takedown of your booth
- Cancellations with full refunds (less $25 as processing fee) are accepted until September 29, 2018. Cancellations after September 29, 2018 but before October 16 will receive 50% refund. Cancellations after October 16 will not receive any refund.
- Any vendor who refuses to follow the rules as set forth in this packet will be escorted off the event site, their fees will not be refunded and they will not be invited back in subsequent years.
- All vendors must adhere to on-site decisions of the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship staff.
- Vendors may conduct their own drawings/ raffles / contests at their booths so long as such do not violate any local, state, or federal laws concerning same.
- Vendors are responsible for payment of all local/state/federal taxes on goods sold at event as applicable by law.
- NO SMOKING POLICY: Please note that this event does not permit smoking or the use of tobacco products by any participating vendors or competitors. All vendors and their respective employees, assistants or representatives are not permitted to smoke or use tobacco products anywhere in the Festival site. Vendors in violation of this policy will be asked to leave the Festival and the booth fee will be forfeited.
- NO OPEN CARRY permitted on festival site
- All participants are subject to the photo and video policy of the event as posted throughout the venue. Images and likenesses of all vendors and their products are subject to the policy without exception.
- Vendors shall not sublet or assign there space, or any of the privileges conveyed herein, to any other person.
No Refunds: The Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship cannot guarantee any vendor a certain number of customers, nor do we promise any type of profit. No refunds due to inclement weather. As with any festival, show, or event, the vendor makes the decision to participate on their own. Should the event be postponed or canceled for an act of God, public safety, welfare or for any reason whatsoever, vendor hereby releases and forever discharges the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship, its partners, sponsors, organizers and agents from any and all liability and claims for damages which result from such postponement or cancellation.
Security: Security will be provided during the event; however, merchandise and items within each booth space are at the owner’s risk and responsibility. DKBBQC and the organizers and property owners of the event site assume no responsibility for any property placed on the premises and is released from any liabilities for any loss, injury or damage to person or property that are sustained by reason of the occupancy of the event site under this contract.
Liabilities: Vendor shall indemnify the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship, its partners, sponsors, organizers and agents against, and hold the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship, its partners, sponsors, organizers and agents harmless from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liability, lawsuits, judgments, damages, injuries, cost or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, or injury to person or property or death of any person resulting from or based upon, in whole or in part, any act performed or omission in the performance of this contract by vendor, its agents, officers and employees. This indemnity is intended to protect the Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship, its organizers, agents, officers and employees from the consequences of their own negligence. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive the termination of this contract.
Costs & Important Dates
- $100 per booth space. (This include a $25 non-refundable processing fee) (spaces are 10’ x 10’)
- Required donation of one (1) item of minimum $25 value per vendor to be used as raffle prize at event.
- Vending application deadline (with payment) is September 22, 2018. Applications received after that date will still be accepted but consideration will be granted based on availability of space and are not guaranteed accept
Vendor Application Form
We are no longer accepting new vendors for the 2018 event as we are at capacity.