Fun event for Kid’s who enjoy BBQ and want to see what it is like to compete in a competition.
Age Group 7-15
This is an individual event. 1 kid and 1 adult over 18 to supervise (an adult may supervise up to 2 kids – i.e. two siblings can have same parent supervise)
Team Meeting for all 10:30 am
Prep: 10:45 am Pick up grill, charcoal chimney, charcoal, chicken
Turn in time: 2 pm
1 meat will be cooked. Chicken legs. Each entrant will be given and adequate supply to prepare and box for the celebrity judges to judge.
- Each entrant will be using a 14” Weber Smokey Joe Grill to cook on
- Additional cooking utensils such as tongs, knives, thermometer, measuring cups or spoons, hot glove, turn in box and others will be provided to the teams
- Charcoal will also be provided
- Entrant may provide wood as needed based on preference
- Entrant will have access to the kosher ingredient pantry provided for the event.
- No special ingredients will be available. If someone has a specific ingredient that they choose to use, the item must be marked kosher, unopened and has to be approved by the DK Mashgiach. Only Parve items are acceptable.
- DK Mashgiach must light all fires.
- Teams cannot bring any utensils or other tools or cooking supplies for use in competition. We supply all items needed to cook.